Additions in India’s GSM sector fell in September to 9.03 million connections as compared to 9.75 million in August and 9.47 in July; the total number of GSM connections in the country is now 344.4 million.
- Additions by Bharti Airtel were 2.5 million, taking its tally to 110 million users.
- Vodafone Essar added 1.9 million users in September as compared to 2.1 million in August.
- BSNL added 1.3 million connections.
- Idea Cellular added 1.39 million compared to 1.5 million in august. Its total customer base is 51.4 million.
- Aircel was stable at 1.3 million additions.
- Loop added 77,641 connectons, slightly higher than August additions
- MTNL added 16,721 new connections, its user base rose to 4.36 million.
- Metros gained 1 million users to reach 46 million in September
- ‘A’ circle cities witnessed an addition of 2.8 million connections, totalling to 11.8 milion in the month of September as compared to 11.6 million in August. Gujarat and Tamil Nadu saw growth of 2.37% and 2.91% respectively.
- ‘B’ circle grew 2.78%.
- ‘C’ circle added 1.4 million users in September 09 ,with Himachal Pradesh and Bihar growing fastest at 5.39% and 3.37% respectively.
Download: GSM Data from COAI (XL)
Note: We are no longer including market share information by COAI as the body does not include the latest GSM numbers from operator RCOM and Tata Teleservices.