India’s GSM sector added 9.47 million new GSM connections in July 2009 compared to 8.89 million in June 2009. The total number of GSM connections in the country rose 3% to 325.7 million.
Download: COAI July Statistics (Excel)
- BSNL, which added0.76 million GSM connections in June 2009 came back on track to add 1.62 million in July. Total number of BSNLs GSM connections: 50.7 million.
- New telco Loop added 44,897 connections compared to 48,778 in June, bringing its total userbase to 2.35 million.
- Aircel’s additions also increased from 1.1 million added in June 2009 to 1.3 million in July. It has 23.1 million users.
- Additions by Bharti Airtel were stable at 2.8 million. It now has 105.17 million connections.
- Idea Cellular: added 1.4 million compared to 1.5 million in June. Total number of connections is 48.5 million.
- MTNL added 35,413 connections, bringing its userbase to 4.3 million.
RCOM has a total of 12.8 million GSM connections.
- Vodafone Essar added 2.2 million connections in July 2009 compared to 2.36 million in June.
(Updated: Thanks for pointing out the errors with some of the calculations, for reading & reacting.)
– June 09: 12.03M Wireless Connections Added; Broadband At 6.62M
– India Adds 12.05M Connections In June; E-Governance Roll Outs Delayed
– May-09: 8.3Mn GSM Connections Added; 89,710 BSNL Connections Dropped