- Saudi Arabia now has a data law built on consent, but users can’t deny public authorities September 17, 2021
- IT Rules face yet another hurdle after Madras High Court temporarily stays parts of the law September 17, 2021
- Facebook is going after coordinated social harm by authentic users, but will this affect legitimate social movements? September 17, 2021
- What NCRB’s 2020 report says about cybercrime in India September 17, 2021
- Yes Bank’s move to dismiss DishTV directors points to internal battle for control of its board September 17, 2021
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
In this excerpt from the book, the authors focus on personal data and autocracies. One in particular – Russia. Autocracies always prioritize information control...
The use of facial recognition technology for policing in Delhi: An empirical study of potential religion-based discrimination
By Jai Vipra, Senior Resident Fellow at Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy The use of new technology, including facial recognition technology (FRT) by police...
By Stella Joseph, Prakhil Mishra, and Yash Desai The Government of India circulated proposed amendments to the Consumer Protection (E-Commerce) Rules, 2020 (“E-Commerce Rules”) which...
By Rahul Rai and Shruti Aji Murali A little less than a year since their release, the Consumer Protection (E-commerce) Rules, 2020 is being amended....
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...