IBN18 Broadcast has informed the BSE of plans to raise Rs 400 crore ($90.25 million), though they're keeping their options open about whether it will be through either a public issue, FCCB issue, private placement basis or a QIB placement. They'll need shareholder approval for this, and have called for an Extra-ordinary General Meeting October 1st for shareholders approval. Meanwhile, IBN-Lokmat, the Marathi TV channel JV between IBN18 and the Lokmat Group has received FIPB approval to divest 13 percent stake. Another JV (TV18 sure does have many to juggle) - IBN and the Jagran Prakashan group have decided to defer the launch of their regional language paper business paper, given the prevailing market conditions Disclosure: I own an inconsequential number of shares of Network18
- Practo Partners With Government To Help Develop India’s Health Stack January 31, 2023
- Attend Our Briefing: Impact of Google’s changes to Android and Play Store January 31, 2023
- Why is Andhra government pushing facial recognition attendance on all its workers? January 31, 2023
- Karthik Rai On Developing an Interoperability Framework for India | Meta India Tech Scholars 2021-22 January 31, 2023
- Indian Telecom Watchdog issues consultation paper on regulating converged digital technologies and services January 31, 2023
MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.
India's smartphone operating system BharOS has received much buzz in the media lately, but does it really merit this attention?
After using the Mapples app as his default navigation app for a week, Sarvesh draws a comparison between Google Maps and Mapples
The regulatory ambivalence around an instrument so essential to facilitate data exchange – the CM framework – is disconcerting for several reasons.
The provisions around grievance redressal in the Data Protection Bill "stands to be dangerously sparse and nugatory on various counts."
Please subscribe to MediaNama. Don't share prints and PDFs.
You May Also Like
Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...
135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...
Twitter takes down tweets from MP, MLA, editor criticising handling of pandemic upon government request
By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...