wordpress blog stats
Connect with us

Hi, what are you looking for?

“We Don’t Want To Just Hang In There” Says Consim CEO Murugavel Janakiraman On ClickJobs

Consim Info CEO Murugavel Janakiraman has told MediaNama that they’re open to both strategic and financial investors for their jobs business ClickJobs, contrary to what was reported earlier. They are currently in talks with 3-4 potential investors, and are also open to strategic investments from media companies. He repeatedly emphasized that they’re looking to change ClickJobs’ business model.

Does Yahoo have an issue if Consim brings in a strategic investor for ClickJobs?
“Being an investor, their interest is in making ClickJobs number one. I don’t think they will have an issue. Talks are in very early stages right now, and finally the board will have to approve.”

Muruga said that ClickJobs is number 4 in the market in terms of revenue, with around 2 million resumes over a period of two years, and around 1000 recruiters. To put things into context, Monster has close to 19,000 recruiters, while Naukri had 32500 recruiters last year (Updated). At present, Matrimony and Property account for over 90 percent of Consim’s business, and Jobs accounts for most of the remaining 10 percent.

On why ClickJobs is looking to raise money, he said that there’s no point in being number 4 in the market: “We don’t want to just hang in there”. Growth will be a function of marketing and manpower, though he says there’s no shortage of money from a group perspective – Consim Info had raised (pdf) $11.5 Million earlier this year, but an allocation of just around $3 million of that money for ClickJobs wont be enough. “We want to be number one in the next couple of years.” How will they gain that position? A significant change in the business model, and marketing.

He also denied rumors of a management bandwidth crunch, saying that Consim has a strong management team in place, with a CEO, CTO, CMO, CFO, CPO, all in place.

Also read: Consim Seeks Strategic Partner For Clickjobs; No Plans To Shut Down

Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.

Disclosure: I have a few shares of Info Edge

Written By

MediaNama’s mission is to help build a digital ecosystem which is open, fair, global and competitive.

Views

News

The US and other countries' retreat from a laissez-faire approach to regulating markets presents India with a rare opportunity.

News

When news that Walmart would soon accept cryptocurrency turned out to be fake, it also became a teachable moment.

News

The DSCI's guidelines are patient-centric and act as a data privacy roadmap for healthcare service providers.

News

In this excerpt from the book, the authors focus on personal data and autocracies. One in particular – Russia.  Autocracies always prioritize information control...

News

By Jai Vipra, Senior Resident Fellow at Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy The use of new technology, including facial recognition technology (FRT) by police...

You May Also Like

News

Rajesh Kumar* doesn’t have many enemies in life. But, Uber, for which he drives a cab everyday, is starting to look like one, he...

News

By Aroon Deep and Aditya Chunduru You’re reading it here first: Twitter has complied with government requests to censor 52 tweets that mostly criticised...

Advert

135 job openings in over 60 companies are listed at our free Digital and Mobile Job Board: If you’re looking for a job, or...

News

Google has released a Google Travel Trends Report which states that branded budget hotel search queries grew 179% year over year (YOY) in India, in...

MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Technology Policy in India. More about MediaNama, and contact information, here.

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ

Subscribe to our daily newsletter
Name:*
Your email address:*
*
Please enter all required fields Click to hide
Correct invalid entries Click to hide

© 2008-2021 Mixed Bag Media Pvt. Ltd. Developed By PixelVJ