You’re invited to share your unique perspective on trends and issues in the Indian digital space with readers at MediaNama, and seed a discussion will help create a healthier digital ecosystem in India.
If you are writing for us for the first time
Authors need to be verified by MediaNama, so please share your official email address with us, and email firstname.lastname@example.org. Tell us about yourself in a couple of sentences, which establishes your knowledge of the area that you intend to write about. Also please share links of your best work with us.
If you’ve already written something
Please mail us the post at email@example.com. All submissions will be whetted by the editor, and we will get back to you with feedback. Please check “Content Guidelines” (below) for reference.
If you plan to write something for us
- Send us a note for your specific idea. Sum up your article in less than three paragraphs. We can help sharpening your argument or provide a new angle for you to consider.
- Most importantly, tell us what our readers will gain from reading your views
- Perhaps share some reference data or links to substantiate your claims.
We prefer that you not remain anonymous and use your real name. However, we recognize that there are situations wherein an author wants to make a valuable contribution (an example here) only under the cloak of anonymity. While your name need not be published on the website, we need to know your real name and contact information, which will be kept confidential, unless we get a legal notice or get sued (see “Liability & Copyright”, below). Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for using a pseudonym with your article.
- Topics: We have a soft spot for trends in platforms such as Facebook, Google, Twitter and YouTube among others, online-to-offline services such as Ola, Uber, food delivery services, ecommerce marketplaces, Digital Payments, government policy and emerging technologies such as AI and bots. We are also interested in telecom operators, digital advertising. But it doesn’t mean we’re limited to these.
- Content: Please conform to a specific theme throughout the article. We want you to enlighten, educate, or inform – to raise the level of discussion in the industry by voicing your views on certain industry issues. If you are writing about previously documented issues, we would need a fresh perspective on the same. Your opinion matters most. No self-promotion or promotion of your company in the post will be permitted.
- Style & Structure tips:
- Get to the point from the beginning. No one likes reading long introductions. Assume your reader is busy and has a short attention span.
- Use hyperlinks (not more than five words) to other sources for publicly available information
- Use subheads to split up long posts, but each one of them should illustrate only one point
- Length: There is no strict guideline, but we would prefer a minimum of 600 words, and a maximum of 1600 words in length.
- Credit & disclosures: Please include the author’s name, photograph, social media account (LinkedIn / Twitter / Facebook) link, and a short bio (under 50 words), at the bottom of the article. Also please include any disclosures.
- Slanderous Content: Should contain nothing racial or otherwise offensive in nature. No specifically slanderous references to competitors, or anything for which we may be held liable.
- Plagiarism: We don’t tolerate plagiarism. All content from any contributor found to be plagiarising will be removed.
- What we don’t want from you
- Opinion and ideas discussed elsewhere. You have to present a fresh perspective or a fresh development.
- Story ideas that can be covered by our staff.
- Analysis based on surveys with small sample size.
Liability & Copyright
- Liability: MediaNama cannot take liability for your submissions and by submitting your views, you agree to retain sole responsibility for your submissions and indemnify and hold harmless MediaNama (and Mixed Bag Media Pvt Ltd) against any claims (defamation, trademark, trade secret, copyright or any other rights) that may arise following the publishing your submission or its derivative works.
- Copyright: Copyright for the article rests with the guest author, though MediaNama reserves the right to republish in its newsletter, social media channels, and to its syndication partners.
We reserve the right…
- To reject any submission or request changes: these are editorial decisions, and we request that you respect our choice, in terms of how much the article really contributes to the discussion, the number of articles that have already covered the topic, and at times, whether we have to resources to process the article.
- To edit for clarity, style and/or length
- To remove an article, for any reason, at our discretion
If you’re read this far…thank you. :) We look forward to your contribution.