Please note: the download link will be sent to the email address you enter below.
(All fields in the form below are mandatory)
About the Report
The MediaNama “Digital Payments in India” report, Feb 2018 edition, is brought to you in association with Akamai Technologies.
It contains over 100 visualizations, along with sharp analysis of how rapidly the Payments business in India is growing. It has been over a year since Demonetization, and we thought we might want to look at data on how usage patterns have changed, with the advent and growth of UPI, an apparent stagnation in prepaid wallet usage.
This report has data on credit cards, debit cards, mobile banking, prepaid wallets, for various banks, as well as some publicly disclosed information from companies like Paytm, Itz Cash, Mobikwik, Money on Mobile, among others. The banks we’ve covered include Axis Bank, HDFC, ICICI, PNB and State Bank of India.
Some examples of what the charts cover:
– Total number of Debit Cards, cards added, number of transactions and amount transacted, top 5 banks, top 10 banks.
– Total number of Credit Cards, cards added, number of transactions and amount transacted, top 5 banks, top 10 banks.
– Mobile Banking, transaction volume, amount transacted, average amount per transaction, top 5 banks .
– IMPS: total MMIDs, MMIDs added, number of transactions, amount transacted.
The visualizations are based on:
– Data disclosed by the Reserve Bank of India
– Data available from industry disclosures and reports.