MediaNama is the premier source of information and analysis on Digital and Telecom businesses, and related policies in India. We cover whatever matters in the Digital business in India, providing news, opinion and analysis on new launches, Mergers & Acquisitions, Venture Capital Funding, Industry Research, Joint Ventures and other business developments related to Internet and Mobile communities, and content including music, gaming, video and more. Our key focus is on digital content and services, and their carriage and monetization across platforms. We also focus on issues that have an impact on the digital ecosystem in India, especially policy related issues.
Our reportage attracts a readership of business decision makers, policy wonks and investors with an eye on Internet, Telecom, Payments, Ecommerce, Classifieds, Video, News and Entertainment domains in India. Our events attract an attendee roster comprising of Founders, CXOs, Digital Heads, Policy Wonks, Lawyers, Government officials, and the occasional MP.
Our mission is to help build a digital ecosystem in India, which is open, fair and competitive.
For Events and Advertising
- Event sponsorship / co-organising: Harneet Singh, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advertising: Rakesh Bhatt, email@example.com
- General business queries: firstname.lastname@example.org / +91-11-2394-6185
- Send us a tip-off here.
- Company updates / Press Releases: email@example.com
- Journalist: Trisha Jalan, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Journalist: Zaheer Merchant, email@example.com
- Journalist: Aryan Babele, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Research Associate: Siddharth Manohar, email@example.com
- Research Intern: Vedant Dev Sharma, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Editor: Nikhil Pahwa, email@example.com
In case there’s a serious issue (press release not covered is not a serious issue): Nikhil Pahwa, firstname.lastname@example.org
Snailmail/Physical address: Mixed Bag Media Pvt Ltd, 20 A Rajpur Road, Civil Lines, Delhi-110054, Civil Lines
About the Founder and Editor
Nikhil Pahwa (Twitter, LinkedIn) has covered the business of digital media in India for over 10 years. Prior to founding MediaNama, he was the Editor of contentSutra (now owned by the Guardian Media Group).
He is a TED Fellow, and co-founded the Savetheinternet.in campaign for Net Neutrality, which was the largest grassroots campaign in the history of India, with over a million people participating. He is also the co-founder of the Internet Freedom Foundation, which focuses on advocacy for an open Internet in India.
Nikhil is one of India today Magazine’s “Indians of Tomorrow” under 35. MediaNama was awarded as an Ecosystem Builder by Fortune Magazine in 2016.