News Corp owned VCCircle Network has appointed Nita Kapoor as its CEO, and will oversee Bigdecisions.com as head of new India ventures, VCCircle stated in a post. Prior to joining VCCircle, Kapoor was the domestic COO at Godfrey Phillips India for over 14 years and SVP of Mudra Communications for 17 years.
According to the VCCircle post, Kapoor has worked with brands like Rasna, Vimal, Nestle, Dabur and McDonalds at Mudra, and guided business functions, CSR initiatives and Godfrey Phillips Bravery awards at the company. It adds that Kapoor is a member of Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) and the Indian Angel Network.
Other VCCircle appointments:
– Last month, VCCircle appointed Archna Shukla as editor, who would be responsible for leading news gathering and editing efforts, as well as day-to-day news coverage functions, at VCCircle and TechCircle.
– In December, News Corp appointed Nagaraj Nagabushanam as Chief Product Officer of VCCircle. He would also work with News Corp owned BigDecisions, according to an email sent by Raju Narisetti, SVP at News Corp.
– NewsCorp had hired a few other executives with dual responsibilities across the group’s businesses in India: “Pooja Karnani, who heads up Finance, based out of BigDecisions in Mumbai; Ramjee Ganti, who is our Head of Technology, also based out of BigDecisions in Mumbai; and Neetu Singh, who is heading up Human Resources, based out of VCCircle in Noida,” as per the email.
VCCircle acquisition: In March 2015, News Corp acquired VCCircle for an undisclosed amount. Sahad PV, founder and CEO of the company, would join News Corp as a part of its India team, and report to Raju Narisetti, SVP (Strategy) at News Corp. Last month, Sahad PV quit the company. Sahad told MediaNama, “It’s natural for a founder or entrepreneur to move on once the business is acquired. It’s already a year since VCCircle was bought by News Corp. Now there is a capable management in place to take forward the journey which we started.”
News Corp’s acquisitions:
– In November 2015, REA Group, News Corp’s online real estate company from Australia purchased rival iProperty Group for $414 million.
– In November 2014, the company picked up 25% in PropTiger for $30 million.
– In December 2014, News Corp acquired BigDecisions.com, a Mumbai based startup that generated leads for financial services companies, and provide consumers with educational information and calculation tools for making financial decisions.
– The company’s other operations in India include Dow Jones, The Wall Street Journal, Factiva and HarperCollins Publishers businesses. 21st Century Fox, which was hived off when News Corp split last year, owns Star TV.
Disclosure: When it comes to tech news and tech related events, VCCircle and Techcircle may compete with MediaNama.