Paragon Partners, an equity firm established by Siddharth Parekh and Sumeet Nindrajog, has launched Paragon Partners Growth Fund I (PPGF-I), a $200 million India focused fund reports YourStory. The fund has currently raised $50 million in commitments, the first close for securing $200 million.
The fund will focus on financial services, infrastructure services, industrials and healthcare services. The fund will invest in 10-15 companies, with an average deal size of $10-20 million. The firm has currently invested $10 million in Capacite Infraprojects, a Mumbai based firm engaged in construction of buildings and factories.
Other accelerators in India:
– Earlier this month, Nasscom and the Tamil Nadu Government launched a startup warehouse in Chennai, the first in the state.
– Last month, 500 Startups launched a new $25 million fund to invest in India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. The fund would focus on early stage companies that have demonstrated traction
– The same month, HT Media said that it had invested Rs 1.5 crore in new media startups through its MediaHacks accelerator. The company launched this accelerator in May last year, specifically for early stage startups in media.
– In the same month, Ratan Tata and the University of California said they would jointly fund startups and enterprises in India over the next 10 years
– In December last year, Flexeye opened HyperCat, an accelerator and incubator centre for Internet of Things (IoT) startups in Hyderabad.
– In November, French aircraft maker Airbus said it would set up Airbus BizLab, its aerospace startup accelerator, in Bangalore.
– In August, Intel India launched Maker Lab to support startups in Iot, mobile devices and compute domains.
– In June, Hong-Kong based Jaarvis launched the pilot of its India specific accelerator which would invest up to $50,000 in startups.
– In February last year, Rajesh Sawhney’s GSF Accelerator in collaboration with networking giant Cisco said it would launch an accelerator programme for startups in the Internet of Things and cloud space.