Porting requests were submitted for 7.31 million connections in the month of December 2015, according to the Indian Telecom regulator TRAI. This is up 40.91% from 5.19 million porting requests reported in November 2015.
For the month of December, the maximum number of requests in Zone-I (North and West India) were received in Gujarat at 0.79 million, followed by Rajasthan at 0.34 million and Maharashtra at 0.29 million. Jammu & Kashmir which has one of the lowest user bases, continues to receive the lowest number of porting requests at 3,781. Note that TRAI does not provide any operator-wise breakdown for these number porting requests.
In Zone-II (South and East India), West Bengal lead with 1.45 million number porting requests till date, followed by Bihar which received 0.78 million requests and Andhra Pradesh which received 0.52 million requests. The North East circle saw 28,562 number porting requests for the month, up from 28,551 requests in the previous month.
Download: TRAI Press Release
– 5.19M Mobile Number Portability requests in India in November 2015
– 5.10M Mobile Number Portability requests in India in October 2015
– 4.16 Million Mobile Number Portability Requests In India In September 2015
– 4.30 Million Mobile Number Portability Requests In India In August 2015
– 3.98 Million Mobile Number Portability Requests In India In July 2015
– 3.67 Million Mobile Number Portability Requests In India In June 2015