According to the Indian telecom regulator TRAI, India added 8.53 million “active” mobile connections during the month of October 2015.
The Active connection data represents peak VLR (Visitor Location Register) data for the month. Some stats:
– There were 902.23 million active connections in the month of October.
– Strangely, Idea apparently has 103.23% of connections active on its network – the highest among all telcos. TRAI says the percentage of active connections is more than 100% due to in-roamers i.e. subscribers from other operators roaming in Idea’s network.
– RCom has the second highest active connection base of 97.17%, followed by Airtel at 96.85%.
In terms of the number of active connections, Airtel leads with 230.48 million connections followed by Vodafone at 178.79 million connections.
Mobile Operator Leaderboard For October 2015 (Total Connections):
– Airtel added 2.76 million connections, taking its connection base to 237.97 million.
– Vodafone added 1.30 million connections, taking its connection base to 189.47 million.
– RCom added 1.03 million connections, taking its connection base to 111.41 million.
– In terms of active connections, Kerala leads with 94.72% active connections, followed by West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra. North East has just 82.49% active connections, the lowest among all circles.
– UP (East) has the most number of connections, with 85.94 million connections (85,945,783 connections). Maharashtra is second with 79.71 million connections (79,719,367 connections) and Tamil Nadu is third with 79.61 million connections (79,613,529 connections).
– Bharti Airtel holds the maximum percentage market share of wireless connections at 23.72%, followed by Vodafone at 18.88%, Idea at 16.67%, Reliance at 11.10% and Aircel at 8.43%.
Download: Press Release
– India added only 7.74M active mobile connections in September 2015
– India added only 0.78M active mobile connections in August 2015
– 885 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in July 2015
– 881 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in June 2015
– 868 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in May 2015; RCOM Loses 1.11M