Multi Screen Media’s video on demand service Sony LIV is launching its second web exclusive show called Shutter starting the 21st of October. The show will be about the life of a youth, and will allow viewers to take part in the show, although it’s unclear how this will be implemented. Shutter will air every Wednesday on the Sony LIV mobile app and on its website.
Last month, Liv launched its first web exclusive show called #LoveBytes, a show about urban romance in India. The show was directed by Vishal Mull, and was to be accompanied by a marketing campaign with video blogs and social media interactions with the protagonists.
In July, production and distribution company Eros International said it would produce three original shows which would be streamed on its video on demand platform Eros Now. The three shows would be named as Khel, the Client and Ponniyin Selvan. The platform also showcased Tanu Weds Manu Returns on Eros Now before its television release.
Other video-on-demand platforms’ push for original content
– Internet media company The Viral Fever has launched a new streaming platform called TVFPlay which features the company’s web-series and shows. The company used the new platform to launch its new web-series called Pitchers which went on the reach the top spot in IMDB ratings for highest rated TV series/mini series.
– In May, YouTube multi-channel network #fame (earlier Famebox Networks) launched a live video streaming app. This app will allow artists/talents to livestream their performances to viewers. The app is currently available for bothAndroid and iOS.
– In June, Mobile value-added services company Digivive signed a content deal with CA Media Digital’s celebrity digital network, Fluence, to create celebrity-led mobile series on its application, NexGTv. The content deal will have Fluence create and produce original content for nexGTv.
– Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd’s (ZEEL) digital ecosystem Zee Digital Convergence (ZDC) and its content studio Essel Vision Productions Ltd are working on a new online-only instrumental musical show called Life is Music. The series will feature unplugged sessions of original compositions from well-known musicians and new talent. New sessions will be uploaded every Monday and Friday. Jazz musician Louis Banks, percussionist Taufiq Qureshi and sitar player Purbayan Chatterjee will be mentoring the young musicians on the show.
– Internet media company ScoopWhoop ran the first season of an original web-series called Baked.