The Cellular Operators Association of India (which has Google and Facebook as members and opposes Net Neutrality in India), has reported an addition of 1.23 million GSM connections in July 2015, closing in at 721 million connections, a 0.17% increase from 720 million connections in the previous month.
GSM operator and circle-wise data (excluding Reliance, BSNL and Tata):
– Airtel added 1 million connections in July, taking its connection base to 231.67 million.
– Idea Cellular added 0.67 million connections in July, taking its connection base to 162.75 million.
– Among metro circles, Delhi added 288,779 GSM connections, with Mumbai adding 273,253 GSM connections.
Note that no information has been provided about the active users, which we’ll probably get once the telecom regulator TRAI releases data for the entire industry.
– June 2015: India Added Over 4.13 Million GSM Connections
– February 2015: India Added Over 9.59 Million GSM Connections
– January 2015: India Added Over 8.87 Million GSM Connections
– October 2014: India Added Over 6.28 Million GSM Connections
– August 2014: India Added Over 5.54 Million GSM Connections
– July 2014: India Added Over 4.85 Million GSM Connections