Snapdeal has appointed Amit Choudhary as the senior vice president of corporate finance. Choudhary will be responsible for overall controllership in in finance, FP&A and taxation at the group level for implementing and integrating financial controls and policies.
Choudhary founded and was the CEO of Oakwood Consulting for 9 months before joining Snapdeal. He was also the COO of a 3D printing startup for 8 months, before which he was the regional finance manager for Asia pet care at Procter & Gamble for about 2 years. Prior to this role, he was the group finance manager for global luxury under skin and cosmetics at P&G for a little over 2 years. Before that, he worked at P&G as the group finance manager of India business for over 2.5 years, finance manager of plant operations startup and fabric care for 1.5 years and as finance analyst of commercial finance for over 2 years, taking his stint at P&G to almost 11 years.
Choudhary also worked as an analyst at JPMorgan Chase Investment Bank for about 2 years, executive at Arthur Andersen & Associates for over a year and as a trainee at Ganeriwala & Ganeriwal CA for over 3.5 years.
Other top level hires and exits at Snapdeal:
– Last month, Snapdeal appointed Dharmendra Panwar as VP of internal controls and risk assurance. Panwar would be identifying risks and recommending solutions for improving Snapdeal’s current control environment after evaluating operational processes.
– In the same month, Snapdeal appointed Anand Chandrasekaran as its chief product officer. Chandrasekaran, who worked as the product chief at Bharti Airtel, stepped down from his post at the telecom operator before he joined Snapdeal.
– In May, Snapdeal appointed Gaurav Gupta as VP of engineering. The company was planning to double its technology team from 1,000 to 2,000 members by the end of this year. Gupta will head Snapdeal’s cloud platform and tech infrastructure.
– In April, Snapdeal appointed Jayant Sood as its chief customer experience officer. Sood would be responsible for customer service operations at the company.
– In the same month, the firm hired Idi Srinivas Murthy as its senior VP of marketing and Vivek Patankar as senior VP of Finance. Snapdeal also appointed Dharmarajan K as the head of customer experience.
– Snapdeal’s chief financial officer Aakash Moondhra quit the company. In February, Snapdeal CTO and Senior VP of Engineering Amitabh Misra resigned after about 3.5 years with the e-commerce marketplace.
– The ecommerce company also hired Yahoo India R&D Division and Amazon India executive Jeyandran Venugopal. Venugopal was expected to initially serve in an advisory role with Snapdeal’s technology leadership team.