The Cellular Operators Association of India (which has Google and Facebook as members and opposes Net Neutrality in India), has reported an addition of 4.13 million GSM connections in June 2015, closing in at 720 million connections, a 0.58% increase from 716.2 million connections in the previous month.
GSM operator and circle-wise data (excluding Reliance, BSNL and Tata):
– Idea Cellular added 1.62 million connections in June, taking its connection base to 162.07 million.
– Airtel added 1.21 million connections in June, taking its connection base to 230.66 million.
– Among metro circles, Delhi added 229,289 GSM connections, with Kolkata adding 186,439 GSM connections.
Note that no information has been provided about the active users, which we’ll probably get once the telecom regulator TRAI releases data for the entire industry.
– February 2015: India Added Over 9.59 Million GSM Connections
– January 2015: India Added Over 8.87 Million GSM Connections
– October 2014: India Added Over 6.28 Million GSM Connections
– August 2014: India Added Over 5.54 Million GSM Connections
– July 2014: India Added Over 4.85 Million GSM Connections