According to the Indian telecom regulator TRAI, India added 7.35 million “active” mobile connections during the month of April 2015.
The Active connection data represents peak VLR (Visitor Location Register) data for the month. Some stats:
– There were 869.97 million active connection in the month of April.
– Strangely, Idea apparently has 102.60% of connections active on its network – the highest among all telcos. TRAI says the percentage of active connections is more than 100% due to in-roamers i.e. subscribers from other operators roaming in Idea’s network.
– RCom has the second highest active connection base of 97.67%, followed by Airtel at 95.76%.
In terms of the number of active connections, Airtel leads with 218.57 million connections followed by Vodafone at 175.26 million connections.
Mobile Operator Leaderboard For April 2015 (Total Connections):
– Airtel added 2.23 million connections, taking its connection base to 228.25 million.
– Idea added 1.39 million connections, taking its connection base to 159.20 million.
– Uninor added 1.16 million connections, taking its connection base to 46.78 million.
– Tata lost 3.74 million connections, taking its connection base to 62.56 million.
– In terms of active connections, Kerala leads with 94.16% active connections, followed by West Bengal, Madhya Pradesh and Maharashtra. Tamil Nadu has just 79.21% active connections, the lowest among all circles.
– UP (East) has the most number of connections, with 84.11 million connections (84,117,150 connections). Tamil Nadu is second with 79.96 million connections (79,960,178 connections) and Maharashtra is third with 77.35 million connections (77,354,273 connections).
– BSNL holds the maximum percentage market share of wireless connections at 61.36%, followed by Mtnl at 13.45%, Bharti Airtel at 12.97%, Tata at 6.35% and Reliance at 4.48%.
– 862 Million Active Mobile Connections In India in March 2015
– 851M Active Mobile Connections In India in February 2015; BSNL Loses 2.55M Connections
– 842M Active Mobile Connections In India in January 2015; BSNL Loses 1.23M Connections
– 833M Active Mobile Connections In India in Dec 2014
– 824M Active Mobile Connections In India in Nov 2014; RCOM Loses 4.23M
– September 2014: 812.06M Active Mobile Connections In India
– August 2014: 807.30M Active Mobile Connections In India
– July 2014: 797.08M Active Mobile Connections In India; BSNL Loses 1.39M Connections