Delhi-based ecommerce major Snapdeal has appointed Jayant Sood as its chief customer experience officer and will be responsible for customer service operations at the company. Prior to this, Sood worked as the head of contact experience and chief service officer for market operations at Airtel.
Sood also worked at American Express for over 20 years and left the company as vice-president of customer service delivery. Sood holds a Bachelor’s degree in Economics (Honors) from the University of Delhi and Chartered Accountancy (CPA) from The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
Moves at the top
Snapdeal has been making a lot of top-level hires and in the last month alone the company has hired three senior executives.
– Earlier this week, the firm hired Idi Srinivas Murthy as its senior VP of marketing. Murthy’s predecessor Sandeep Komaravelly, who spearheaded Snapdeal’s marketing division for 5 years, will move to a “strategic leadership role” in the company.
– Snapdeal has appointed Vivek Patankar as senior VP of Finance.
– Snapdeal’s chief financial officer Aakash Moondhra quit the company. Moondhra was instrumental in Snapdeal raising about $1 billion in funding, across rounds, from a clutch of marquee investors, led by Japanese telecom, media and Internet investor giant SoftBank, Singapore’s Temasek and PremjiInvest, the private investment arm of Wipro Chairman Azim Premji.
– Snapdeal appointed Dharmarajan K as the head of customer experience. He will be a part of the online marketplace’s leadership team and be responsible for furthering customer service operations.
– In the same week, the company also hired Yahoo India R&D Division and Amazon India executive Jeyandran Venugopal. Venugopal is expected to initially serve an advisory role with Snapdeal’s technology leadership team.