One Digital Entertainment Pvt Ltd has announced a new digital only food and travel series, ‘The Spice Traveller’ with Chef Saransh Goila, in association with Virgin Atlantic Airways and VisitBritain. The 20-episode show will start on the 22nd September 2014 and air every Monday and Friday on the chef’s YouTube channel and ZengaTV.com. This is One Digital’s second significant celebrity Chef partnership: the company also manages Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s Khazana, which is among India’s top 100 channels, with 364,415 subscribers and 115.5 million views, across around 3300 videos.
The series with Goila will feature food from various locations in Britain including star restaurants, food festivals, street food etc., and from Virgin Atlantic’s onboard selection of cuisines and bar. Food varying from classic fish and chips countdown, vegetarian food options, best bars etc. will be covered by the series. The show’s experiences will be curated by the chef Goila keeping in mind young Indian travellers wanting to experience British culinary.
One Digital Entertainment currently claims to manage over 300 YouTube channels for various artists, Bollywood, media houses, record labels and celebrities like Sunny Leone, Vir Das, Papon etc. It also creates original content and distributes content via other digital platforms like ZengaTV, Dailymotion, Facebook, Twitter, iTunes etc.
Recent online-only content launches:
– FameBox Network had launched a channel on running and fitness called ‘India running with Milind Soman’ earlier this month. The platform had also hosted a talent hunt for the best amateur chef back in January this year.
– MTV India launched a web series called Get Fit with Bala Shetty and VJ Bani J providing fitness and healthy living tips also this month.
– Digital content network Ping Digital had launched Boom News TV on YouTube for the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
– Digital Video firm Culture Machine raised Series A funding from Zodius Capital for Asia expansion
– Homeveda a health video content site focussing on natural health and wellness had raised an undisclosed amount of funding from Blume Ventures in January this year.
– Qyuki, a YouTube content creation platform had gone live back in December 2012 and raised angel funding from Samir Bangara in May last year. It also signed a deal with Universal music to do content around Universal owned music in July this year.
– Ping Digital Broadcast had launched a food focused channel, India food network and a music focused channel, India music network on youtube in January last year.
– The iStream team recently launched Pepper Media, an online video network currently focused on YouTube.