RIL owned Network18′s has stopped disclosing financial information pertaining to its digital content and commerce business. For the quarter ended 30th June 2014, the company has said that its Digital Content business has delivered a “turnaround performance”, but not shared details of how it has performed. During the quarter, Durga Raghunath, CEO of Network18 Digital (Web18) had put in her papers.
Note that post Network18’s restructuring in 2011, it had switched from reporting revenues and/or profit for Web18, to reporting revenues for “Digital Content & Commerce” (see this). Now we don’t even have that.
During the quarter, Reliance Industries completed its acquisition of Network18. Our coverage of the acquisition here.
The last reported revenues for Network18’s digital content and commerce businesses:
– Network18 claims to have a monthly average reach of approximately 28 million unique visitors in this quarter ( source: Comscore; Monthly average of April 2014 to June 2014; World). Readers should note that this fiscal, websites received higher traffic due to the general elections, as already indicated by NDTV.com.
– ibnlive.com, Firstpost.com and News18.com together got 10 million monthly unique users (Source: Comscore;Monthly average of April 2014-June 2014; world) in this quarter. During the run up to the General elections and counting day, both IBN Live and Firstpost garnered their highest ever traffic.
– Moneycontrol.com got an average of approximately 8.4 million monthly unique visitors (source: Comscore;Monthly average of April’2014-June’2014;World) in the quarter. Note that it would have been impacted by the announcement of the Union Budget, which was announced in Q1-FY15, instead of Q4-FY14, because of the General Elections.
– Bookmyshow.com sold 3.78 million tickets every month during the quarter, up from 2.9 million in Q4-FY14
– Homeshop18.com crossed a milestone of one crore customers base, and executed over 2 million orders in this quarter.
Download: Network18 Q1-FY15 results