FameBox Network, a TO THE NEW Ventures group company, has launched a channel on running and fitness called ‘India Running with Milind Soman’ which published its first video on the 4th of August. The show will be hosted by Milind Soman and will feature running experts, doctors and nutritionists among others to talk about the various facets of running and fitness. The show will be updated with new episodes every Tuesday and Friday and can be accessed via Youtube here.
Including the new channel, the network currently runs four youtube channels, the other being Out of the Box with Harsha Bhogle, FameBox Fashion and FameBox WebChef. The channels are accessible via YouTube only although the network posts updates via a corresponding Facebook page.
Out of the Box with Harsha Bhogle has been online since October 2013 in which Harsha Bhogle shares his views and insights on cricket and its legends. This channel can be found here. Additionally, the channels FameBox WebChef and FameBox Fashion have been online for 9 and 10 months respectively in which time each one has hosted its own online reality show.
FameBox Fashion hosted Beauty and the Blogger, a fashion reality show hosted by which concluded back in July this year. The company claims the competition had received over 4 million views and 5.3 million watch minutes even before the finals. FameBox WebChef on the other hand hosted a web-based talent hunt for the best amateur chef back in January this year. The competition claims to have received over 300 entries from various professionals across 15 cities, of which 75 were shortlisted. It also claims to have received more than 2 million views and more than 2 million watched minutes.
Recent YouTube developments
– AR Rahman and Shekhar Kapur’s startup Qyuki, a youtube content creation platform had gone live back in December 2012 and had raised angel funding from Samir Bangara in May last year. It also signed a deal with Universal music in July this year to do content around Universal owned music.
– All India Bakchod had satirically portrayed the problems faced by women in a skit called “It’s Your Fault” starring Kalki Koenchlin which received over a million views in just 5 days.
– Shraddha Sharma had signed a long term contract with Universal Music after gaining popularity via Culture Machine on the youtube platform.
– Homeveda, a health video content focussed platform had raised funding from Blume Ventures in January this year.
– Ping Digital Broadcast had launched a food focused channel the India Food Network and a music focused channel India Music Network in January last year. In June this year, the company also launched a youtube news channel called Boom News TV
– The iStream team recently launched Pepper Media, a YouTube network.
Disclosure: Google, which owns YouTube, is a #NAMA event sponsor