Mobile ad exchange Vserv.mobi has made a series of senior appointments across the Southeast Asia region, including Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia and Malaysia.
The company says these appointments has been made to strengthen its expansion plans in these regions and they will form the core leadership team for the region. Vserv also notes these appointments will contribute to its overall strategy to triple the company’s Southeast Asia team strength by the end of 2014:
– Eva Soputan has been appointed as the country manager for Indonesia region. She will be responsible for strengthening the company’s publisher relationships and revenue generation in the country. Before this appointment, she was working as the general manager of sales (digital advertising) at Indonesia’s largest mobile phone operator Telkomsel. She’s also worked as the Indonesia country manager for Exponential Interactive.
– Rovy Rivera is the new Business Director for Philippines. He will be heading all the business development and sales functions in the country. Rivera was previously working as the director for sales and client strategy at AdzCentral. He has more than 14 years of digital marketing, sales, customer service and business development experience across various sectors including telecom, FMCG, beauty and cosmetics, consumer electronics and entertainment.
– Tony Kan has been appointed Business Director for Malaysia. He will be leading Vserv’s sales and marketing strategies for the Malaysia market. Kan was earlier working as senior account manager at Catcha Digital. He has 12 years of media sales, business development and consulting experience with local and international media owners in Malaysia.
– Suwaree Yeesunyem is the new Business Development Director for Thailand. She will be responsible for leading business development with local premium publishers. She will also work with local mobile content players to help them market their products through the Vserv exchange. Yeesunyem was previously working as the Thailand country manager for mTouche Technology Bhd. She has over 10 years of experience in digital and advertising media industry.
– Rati Otrakul has been appointed as the sales director for Thailand. She will be responsible for building and driving the market awareness for mobile advertising in the region. Otrakul was previously working as Thailand’s brand advertising business lead for InMobi. She has over 13 years of experience in the media industry and specialises in marketing, sales and business development.
Last month, Vserv’s global marketing & product head Binay Tiwari had quit after a three year stint with the company. He is now planning on starting his own venture, although there are no specific details on it yet.
Earlier in April, Vserv had added real-time bidding on its mobile ad exchange, providing advertisers with access to rich media inventory while enabling them to target and bid only for select audience segments. It had also introduced a new ad format called Search Intent mobile ads which integrates search functionality into mobile ads.
In March, the company had informed that it had created over 100 apps for 30 publishers in various languages, categories and for various operating systems in the last one year as part of an Appification program. In an interview with Medianama in May this year, Vserv founder and CEO Dippak Khurana had stated plans of introducing native advertising formats for apps and publishers in the news & information category in the quarter.