LinkedIn registered a net loss of $3.4 million this quarter as opposed to net income of $2.3 million during the same quarter a year-ago. APAC revenue increased to $30.5 million this quarter from $27.8 million in the previous quarter. This increased the total APAC revenues for the year to $82 million, up from $43.5 million for similar time frame last year. However APAC revenue as a percentage of total revenue remained at 8%.
– LinkedIn membership has surpassed 259 million members, up from 187 million in Q3-2012 and 238 million in Q2-2013.
– Number of monthly unique visitors however, reduced from 189 million during Q2-2013 to 184 million in this quarter
– Page views increased from 8.9 billion to 11.6 billion YoY, but reduced marginally from the 11.7 billion views seen in Q2 of this year.
– LinkedIn hasn’t disclosed the number of active users on the platform and also hasn’t provided any region-wise breakdown of its 238.1 million user base. LinkedIn claimed to have crossed 20 million registered users in India in May 2013.
– LinkedIn launched University Pages: 1,500 created in 60 countries.
– Launched sponsored updates to target those who use the site from mobilephone, who account for 38% of all visitors to the website.
– Launched LinkedIn Intro app for iOS, which shows you professional information about someone who sent you an email. The app however, ran into a controversy because all the emails were being routed through LinkedIn servers raising privacy concerns among users.
– Revenue increased to $393.0 million this quarter from $252.0 million in the third quarter of 2012. $227.6 million of this came from field sales channel, which accounted for 58% of total revenue. Also, 62% of the of the total revenue or $245.3 million, came from the US market.
– Non-GAAP net income for the third quarter was $46.8 million, compared to $25.1 million for the third quarter of 2012. Non-GAAP measures exclude tax-affected stock-based compensation expense and tax-affected amortization of acquired intangible assets.
– Adjusted EBITDA for the third quarter was $92.8 million or 24% of revenue, compared to $56.0 million or 22% of revenue for the third quarter of 2012.
– GAAP diluted EPS for the third quarter was $(0.03); Non-GAAP diluted EPS for the third quarter was $0.39. Adjusted EBITDA for the third quarter was $92.8 million, compared to $56.0 million for the third quarter of 2012, or 22% of revenue.
– Revenue from Talent Solutions products continued to be the major contributor to the income at $224.7 million, an increase of 62% YoY. Talent Solutions revenue represented 57% of total revenue in the third quarter of 2013, compared to 55% in the third quarter of 2012.
– Revenue from Marketing Solutions products totaled $88.5 million, an increase of 38% compared YoY. Marketing Solutions revenue represented 23% of total revenue in this quarter, down from 25% a year-ago.
– Revenue from Premium Subscriptions products totaled $79.8 million, an increase of 61% from the same quarter a year-ago. However, it’s share as contribution to total revenue has plateaued at 20% — this percentage has been static for the past four quarters.
– LinkedIn closed a follow-on offering, selling a total of 6,188,340 shares of Class A common stock. In return, LinkedIn received total cash proceeds of $1,348.4 million, net of underwriting discounts, commissions, and other costs associated with this offering.