In a bid to monetize its increasing Internet base, online and telephone business listings service JustDial is taking a transaction-based approach by building a services-focused online transaction platform.
In its earnings report for the quarter ending Sep 30, 2013, JustDial mentioned that it has launched or is currently working on building products across various categories – online food delivery and restaurant reservation, wine order, movie and event ticketing, cab booking, doctor appointments, grocery orders and flower delivery orders. The company’s online food delivery service went live in August 2013.
The company also plans to build an online platform for various goods that aims to provide an additional distribution channel for businesses. There is also a price discovery engine in the works, although it hasn’t disclosed any specific information on this. Note that we’d earlier reported JustDial’s plans to launch an online and phone based price quote service Quick Quotes, although the website is still password protected.
What JustDial is however not working on, is a direct e-commerce foray to retail products across various categories i.e. it will not own any inventory or build warehouses and will not be involved in fulfillment of these products or services. This contradicts a source-based TechCircle report from earlier this month, which had mentioned that JustDial will retail products like mobile phones and electronic goods and also manage the fulfillment of these orders.
– JustDial has conducted 2.39 lakh paid campaigns (2,38,650 campaigns) for advertisers for the quarter ended September 30, 2013 (Q2-FY14), up 27% from 1.88 lakh paid campaigns (1,87,784 campaigns) in the same quarter last years. Campaigns are essentially paid featured listings that appear on JustDial’s search results.
– It claims to have a total 10.1 million listings as of September 30, 2013, up from 9.5 million listings in the previous quarter and up 23% from 8.2 million listings in the same quarter last year.
– The company reported total 122.6 million visits, up 36% from 90.3 million in Q2-FY13. JustDial currently offers a search service across Internet, Mobile Internet, Telephone (voice) and SMS. The total searches were at 291.8 million, up 44% from 202.8 million in Q2-FY13.
– Internet Visits: It reported 58.4 million Internet visits for the quarter, up 28% from 45.6 million requests in Q2-FY13. Mobile Internet accounted for 24.3 million visits during the quarter, up 168% from 9.1 million in Q2-FY13 and the combined Internet platform (both PC & Mobile) accounted for 82.7 million visits during the quarter, up 51.2% from 54.7 million visits in Q2-FY13.
Mobile Internet’s contribution has doubled to 20% of the total usage for the quarter, from 10% contribution in Q2FY13 while the Internet platform’s contribution has increased to 68% of total usage for the quarter, up from 61% in Q2FY13.
Voice: Voice search requests were at 39.8 million for the quarter, up 13% from 35.3 million in Q2-FY13, while other search requests which includes SMS requests were at 0.1 million for the quarter, down 68% from 0.3 million in Q2-FY13.
JustDial posted increased profits of Rs 28.66 crore for the quarter, up 98.7% from Rs 14.48 crore profit in the same quarter last year. The operating revenues increased 29% year-on-year to Rs 112.7 crore for the quarter, up from Rs 87.6 crore in Q2-FY13.
The operating EBITDA increased to Rs 35.2 crore, up 43% YoY from Rs 24.7 crore in Q2-FY13 and the operating EBITDA Margin increased to 31% from 28% In Q1-FY13. The PAT (profit after tax) margin was at 24% for the quarter, up from 16% in Q2-FY13.
JustDial has total cash and investments of Rs 572 crore as of September 30, 2013, up from Rs 453 crore in the same quarter last year. It has 8,213 employees as of September 30, 2013, up from 8,097 employees in the previous quarter.
– JustDial To Add Cab Booking, Movie Tickets, Doctor Appointments; What Next?
– JustDial’s Online Food Delivery Service Goes Live
– Internet Accounts For 66% of JustDial’s Search Requests In Q1-FY14; The Challenge