Info Edge’s matrimonial business (Jeevansathi) has reported a net sales of Rs 32.2 crore for the year ending March 31, 2013 (FY13), up 27% from Rs 25.4 crore in FY12.
The company however reported increased loss for the year – posting a Rs 7.5 crore EBITDA loss for the fiscal, a 53% increase from Rs 4.9 crore EBITDA loss in FY12. This is the fifth consecutive year that Jeevansathi has reported a loss.
- Profiles: Around 5.6 million profiles were added till FY13, up by 12% from 5 million in FY12.
- Average Sales Realisation: The average amount realized per customer was at Rs 3,636 in FY13, up from Rs 3,120 in FY12.
- Offline Centers: Jeevansathi has 14 offline centers across six Indian cities called Jeevansathi Match Points. These centers aims to provide matrimonial services like registration, profile shortlisting and match selection to customers who are not Internet savvy. It offers these services through two different packages – 3 months priced at Rs 2,990 and 6 months priced at Rs 4,750.
Focus On North India: Info Edge mentioned that Jeevansathi has been focusing on getting more registrations from the north Indian market for past few quarters due to market challenges. The site currently allows one to list their profile, search profiles and express interest for free. However, one has to pay if they want to contact members or view their contact information. One can also pay to let others see your contact details.
Jeevansathi currently offers two types of memberships – eValue and eRishta which offers various packages depending on the duration starting with 3 months, and going up to 6 months, 9 months, 12 months and unlimited. It also offers paid add-on services like profile highlighting, response booster, profile writing and astrological compatibility among others.
Info Edge also added that it has invested significantly in Jeevansathi to improve the customer experience and the company plans to invest further in the company in the forthcoming future. However, the company didn’t disclose any specific information on this.
Corrigendum: an earlier version of this article incorrectly mentioned that Jeevansathi added 5.6 million profiles in FY13
- InfoEdge Q4-FY13 Concall: 99Acres & Jeevansathi Loss; On Investments & Future Plans
- Naukri Profit Down 16.62% In FY13; Net Sales At Rs 434.9 Crore
- InfoEdge Q2-FY13 Conference Call: On Investments, Slowdown