Lucknow Gurgaon based Webitude provides services such as Social Media marketing, social media asset builder, social CRM, and digital media services. Its client list includes Indigo, Cleartrip, Jagran, Huawei, among others.
Interestingly, Hindustan Times, a product of HT Media Ltd, has also been its client. The company also runs and powers Buzzref, a Facebook analytic service that analyses Facebook marketing efforts and tracks competition.
HT Mobile Solutions, part of HT Media, is a digital marketing and entertainment company. It claims to offer social media, mobile and internet services to more than 40 brands.
Digital ad/marketing agency acquisitions
– Earlier in March 2013, Publicis had acquired Mumbai-based Convonix for an undisclosed amount. In April 2012, it had acquired a Mumbai-based digital marketing and web development agency Indigo Consulting. In August 2012, it had acquired a performance marketing firm Resultrix and in December 2012, it had acquired iStrat, an integrated digital agency and MarketGate, a strategic business and marketing consulting firm.
– In 2010, Publicis had also acquired a majority stake in 20:20 Media, public relations company and 2020Social, a social media consulting company.
– IPG Mediabrands, the media holding group of Interpublic group had acquired the digital marketing agency Interactive Avenues for an undisclosed amount earlier this month. Following this acquisition, Interactive Avenues had become a part of IPG Mediabrands’ Mediabrands Audience Platform (MAP) and Interactive Avenues co-founder Amar Deep Singh was appointed as MAP India CEO.
– Global advertising major WPP Group had also recently acquired a majority 51% stake in Hungama Digital Services Private Limited via its wholly owned agency JWT Singapore. Omnicom owned advertising agency TBWA had acquired Indian digital agency group Magnon. The acquisition includes two companies: Magnon Solutions, which is a digital agency operating in India, and Magnon International, which is a digital outsourcing agency.
– In August 2012, Japanese advertising major, Dentsu, had acquired a 51% stake in Mumbai-based Indian advertising agency, Taproot India while Ad2c, a JV between Affle and D2 Communications (a Dentsu & NTT Docomo JV) had acquired mobile marketing firm Mobimasta. In May 2013, Dentsu had also acquired 80% stake in the digital advertising agency and consulting firm Webchutney for an undisclosed amount.