The Cellular Operators Association of India (which includes most of India’s GSM telecom operators), has reported an addition of 3.10 million GSM connections in May 2013, closing in at 667.5 million connections, a 0.47% increase from 664.4 million connections in the previous month.
Note that the COAI has not included subscriber numbers for S Tel and Etisalat DB.
GSM operator and circle-wise data (excluding Reliance and Tata):
– Vodafone added 0.91 million connections in May, taking its connection base to 154.68 million.
– Idea Cellular added 0.86 million connections in May, taking its connection base to 123.75 million.
– Bharti Airtel added 0.85 million connections in May, taking its connection base to 189.64 million.
Download: GSM Data from COAI (.xls file)
– Among metro circles, Kolkata added 196,965 GSM connections, with Delhi adding 106,220 GSM connections.
Note that no information has been provided about the active users, which we’ll probably get once the telecom regulator TRAI releases data for the entire industry.
– April 2013: India Added Over 3.50 Million GSM Connections
– March 2013: India Added Over 5.35 Million GSM Connections; Aircel Loses 0.8M Subscribers
– January 2013: India Added Over 0.40 Million GSM Connections; Aircel Loses 1.77M Subscribers