The Cellular Operators Association of India (which includes most of India’s GSM telecom operators), has reported an addition of 5.35 million GSM connections in March 2013, closing in at 660.9 million, an increase of 0.82% from 655.5 million subscribers in the previous month.
Also note that the COAI has not included subscriber numbers for S Tel and Etisalat DB.
GSM operator and circle-wise data (excluding Reliance and Tata):
- Vodafone added 2.46 million in March, taking its connection base to 152.35 million.
- Idea Cellular added 2.34 million in March, taking its connection base to 121.60 million.
- Bharti Airtel added 1.57 million connections, taking its connection base to 188.19 million.
- Aircel lost 0.80 million connections in March, taking its connection base to 60.07 million.
Download: GSM Data from COAI (.xls file)
- Among metro circles, Mumbai added 319,754 GSM connections, with Chennai adding 74,566 GSM connections.
Note that no information has been provided about the active users, which we’ll probably get once the telecom regulator TRAI releases data for the entire industry.
- January 2013: India Added Over 0.40 Million GSM Connections; Aircel Loses 1.77M Subscribers
- October 2012: India Added Over 0.23 Million GSM Connections; Uninor Loses 1.10M Subscribers
- September 2012: India Lost 0.27 Million GSM Connections
- August 2012: India Lost 7.10 Million GSM Connections; Uninor Loses 2.38M Subscribers
- July 2012: India Added Over 1.70 Million GSM Connections; Uninor Loses 1.08M Subscribers
- June 2012: India Added Over 4.63 Million GSM Connections
- May 2012: India Added Over 7.27 Million GSM Connections
- April 2012: India Added Over 6.49 Million GSM Connections; Bharti Airtel Adds 2.01 Million
- March 2012: India Added Over 6.86 Million GSM Connections
- February 2012: India Added Over 8.77 Million GSM Connections; Uninor Adds 2.34 Million
- January 2012: India Added Over 8.44 Million GSM Connections