MakeMyTrip has reported a net loss of $5.235 million for the quarter ending December 31, 2012, as compared to a $0.041 million profit reported for the same period last year. The company posted net revenues (Revenue less service costs) of $22.35 million, down 5.5% from $23.65 million for the same period last year. Here are some notes from MakeMyTrip’s investor conference call:
- Page views: MakeMyTrip crossed 8.5 million monthly unique visitors and registered more than 136 million pageviews as of December 2012, citing Comscore metrics.
- Offers Diluted Margins: The company mentioned that the offers provided by the company during the quarter diluted its margin. Also, the company’s continued investment in covering more hotels and packages resulted in a loss of 7 cents on its adjusted diluted EPS.
- Hotels and packages: MakeMyTrip registered a 68.2% growth in transactions in its Hotel and transaction business as compared to the same period last month. The company now has 10,700 domestic hotels and guest house properties on its portal.
- Air ticketing: MakeMyTrip had reported a 22% decline in its revenues from the Air Ticketing segment to $13.53 million from $17.36 million, despite the gross bookings (Air Ticketing) increasing by 31.1% to $253.51 million. The company attributed this decline to the continued Indian airline industry challenges.
- Mobile apps: MakeMyTrip mobile apps have been download more than 700,000 times across the platform. The company currently offers mobile apps on iOS, Android and BlackBerry.
- MakeMyTrip Reports $5.23M Loss For Q3-FY13 Because Of Airline Commission Reduction
- MakeMyTrip Q2-FY13: Profits At $1.2M; Net Revenue At $20.15M
- MakeMyTrip Q1FY13 Results: Profits At $1.81M; Net Revenue At $23.88M
- MakeMyTrip Q4FY12 Results: Profits At $2.95M; Net Revenue At $22.09M