India’s broadband connection base increased 0.47% to 14.88 million at the end of November 2012, from 14.81 million at the end of October, according to the Indian Telecom regulator TRAI.
At the same time, the mobile connection base (including multi-SIM and inactive connections) dropped to 890.60 Million in November, from 904.22 Million in October. This is a decrease of 1.51%, but on a comparatively larger base. 79.42% of mobile connections are reportedly active – a total of 707.31 million connections, but this includes multi-SIM users, so the total mobile user base is likely to be smaller.
Active User Base of Telecom Operators
The Active connection data represents peak VLR (Visitor Location Register) data for the month, and excludes the CDMA VLR data for BSNL, which the telecom operator has not provided. Some stats:
– There were 707.31 million active connection in the month of November.
– Idea has 98.06% of its connections active– the maximum among all the operators.
– Vodafone has the second highest active connection base of 93.39%, followed by Airtel at 93.32%.
In terms of the number of active subscribers, Airtel leads with 171.34 million, Vodafone at 140.79 million.
Mobile Operator Leaderboard For November 2012:
– Rcom added 0.10 million connections,taking its connection base to 134.11 million.
– Tata lost 4.23 million connections,taking its connection base to 72.51 million.
– Bharti Airtel lost 2.80 million connections,taking its connection base to 183.61 million.
– Vodafone lost 2.38 million connections,taking its connection base to 150.76 million.
– In terms of Active connections, Maharashtra leads with 84.71% active subscribers, followed by Madhya Pradesh, J & K and Rajasthan. Mumbai has just 70.27% active subscribers, the lowest among all circles.
– Tamil Nadu has the most number of connections, with 75,436,229 connections. UP (East) is second with 73,450,223 and Maharashtra is third, with 68,035,775 connections.
– Bharti Airtel holds the maximum percentage market share of wireless connections at 20.62%, Vodafone is at 16.93%,Reliance at 15.06%,Idea at 12.82% and BSNL at 11.22%.
– October 2012: Total 703.94M Active Mobile Base In India ; 14.81M Broadband
– Total 699.00M Active Mobile Base In India, End September 2012; 15.08M Broadband; Airtel, Vodafone & Idea Lose Subscribers
– Total 701.88M Active Mobile Base In India, End August 2012; 14.82M Broadband; Uninor, Airtel, Idea & Vodafone Lose Subscribers