Startup accelerator The Morpheus has graduated 12 startups as part of the eighth batch of its Startup Acceleration Program (SAP). This follows a four month incubation program which concluded recently.
Along with this announcement, the accelerator has also started accepting applications for its ninth batch of SAP, which is expected to take place between February 1, 2013 and May 31, 2013.
What does it offer? As per the accelerator website, The Morpheus will offer Rs 500,000 funding to incubatees along with access to more than 130 company founders in The Morpheus portfolio. The Morpheus team will also serve as a limited co-founder during the four month incubation program. In return, the accelerator will take 6-9% stake in the startup.
The 12 startups that graduated in its eighth batch include:
– Memetic Labs (Airwoot): Memetic Labs is a Delhi-based startup which is developing an helpdesk product called ‘Airwoot’. Through this product, the company aims to help businesses engage their customers on social media channels and resolve customer complaints. It also claims to offer customer support analytics and is currently serving a popular online brand as a pilot customer. Founded by Prabhat Saraswat and Saurabh Arora.
– OnlinePrasad: Online Prasad is a Gurgaon-based startup which allows consumers to purchase prasad from various places of worship across the country. Online Prasad will offer the prasad at the temple on the consumer’s behalf and later deliver it to the consumer. Started in January 2012, the startup claims to offer prasad from more than 15 places of worship on its website. Founded by Goonjan Mall.
– CVBhejo: CVBhejo is a Udaipur-based startup which offers a mobile-based recruitment platform for Tier 2 and Tier 3 cities in India. The company claims to have more than 4500 job listings from 590 recruiters and tie-ups with more than 80 partner consultancies and educational institutions. It also claims to have around 20 clients with a job seeker database of more than 25,000. Founded by Nikhilesh Tayal.
– MotorPaneer: MotorPaneer offers information and deals on the existing cars in the market to new car buyers and allows them to choose a car based on their lifestyle. The service is currently in beta and is available in Delhi-NCR. The startup claims to have partnered with more than 40 auto dealers in Delhi-NCR region at present. Founded by Saurabh Mathur and Jigyasa Makkar.
– MetisMe: MetisMe is a Mumbai-based startup which offers an attachment management app for Gmail. The startup is currently offering a web app but it plans to offer apps across various mobile platforms including iOS and Android among others. At present, it claims to have more than 50 active users. Founded by Shalin Tejpal Jain.
– Firmzen: Firmzen is a Mumbai-based startup which offers a practice management software for Chartered Accountants, Tax Consultants and Company secretaries. The software is currently in private beta and is apparently being used in more than 15 CA firms in Mumbai and Delhi, according to the startup. Founded by Sameet Singh, Noel Sequeira and Amith George.
– Oyeweekend: Oyeweekend is a Mumbai-based startup which offers an online market place for leisure activities and offbeat experiences. These activities include dancing, cooking, photography, adventure sports, trekking, pottery, parkour and mixed martial arts among others. The service is currently available in Mumbai and the startup claims to already have clients like Ernst & Young, Zee Network, Colors and Citibank. Founded by Pinaki Panda, Jagadish Sahu and Shuvam Pandit.
– Papyrus: Papyrus offers a web-based eBook editing service, which allows writers to edit and publish books in PDF, ePub and Mobi formats. The service also offers Gumroad integration for users to offer their eBooks for purchase. Founded by Gaurav Tiwari.
– Watchy: Watchy is a Bangalore-based startup which offers live video streaming service solutions for videographers and event managers. The company claims to already have clients like LG, RedBus.in, Heritage Granites and PhotoIndia among others. Founded by Sriramkumar VH.
–Skillzot: Skillzot is a Mumbai-based startup which aims to enable users to find reputed teachers or classes to pursue their interests. The company currently offers classes across genres like Music, Dance, Fitness, and Bartending among others in Mumbai. Founded by Sandeep Burman.
– The Traces: The Traces is building a mobile blogging app for iOS users to share text messages, pictures and track events. It will also apparently have a group collaboration feature. The application is currently in closed beta and is expected to be available in the iTunes App Store soon. Founded by Udaya Prakash and Saravana Vijay.
– 500 Startups Fall 2012 Batch: WalletKit, TradeBriefs, Instamojo & gazeMetrix
– GSF Accelerator’s First 15 Startups: Zoomdeck, Tushky, Playcez, Eduflix & More
– BizSpark 2012 Finalists: Shoonya, RedBytes, Reverie, HeyMaya & More
– BizSpark 2012 Finalists: Aurus Networks, NowFloats, VDime, CipherGraphs & More