Facebook has reported that Select City Walk, a mall in South Delhi, was the most checked-in location on Facebook in 2012, followed by Golden Temple in Amritsar at the second spot. The report also shows that people from India’s metro cities tend to check in more, in comparison to other Indian cities.
Facebook has released a report on Facebook’s 2012 trends list for India. Some data from the report:
- Delhi-ites use the Facebook’s check-in feature the most, as most of the checked-in locations in the top 20 list belong to the capital city.
- Café 1 Boulevard, a café in South Delhi, saw more check-ins than chains such as Hard Rock Café, Delhi, Leopold Café, Mumbai and Toit, Bangalore.
- Local north Indian joint, Sukhdev Dhaba at Murthal, took number 4 spot, in the most checked-in location for 2012.
- Among malls and multiplexes, Delhi’s Select City Walk took number one spot for the most checked-in location followed by Satyam Cinemas, Ambience mall, DT Cinemas, and Inorbit mall for number 2, 3, 4 and 5 position respectively.
- Among hotels, Leela Kempenski was the most checked-in spot, followed by J.W.Marriot, The Taj Mahal Hotel, Grand Hyatt Mumbai, and Le Meridien New Delhi.
- When it comes to top songs shared on Facebook in 2012 for India, ‘Tum Hi Ho Bandhu’ from the movie Cocktail topped the charts followed by ‘Daaru Desi’ again from Cocktail and ‘Pani Da Rang’ from Vicky Donor, at number 2 and 3 spots respectively.