Telecom Operator Reliance Communications has reported 4.8 million active 3G customers, and over 26 million data customers, for the quarter ended September 30, 2012 (Q2-FY13). From its results:
– Wireless: On a consolidated basis, the company’s wireless business stood at Rs 4,422 crore, up 0.1% from Rs 4,417 crore in the same quarter last year but down from Rs 4527 crore in the previous quarter. Wireless business accounted for 63% of the company’s revenues for the quarter.
– Wireless EBITDA is at Rs 1,176 crore, up 16.4% YoY. Wireless EBITDA margin remained at 26.7%.
– Wireless Revenue per minute was Rs 0.432, up from Rs 0.43 last quarter. The company claims this revenue is among the highest in the industry for the last ten consecutive quarters.
– Wireless minutes of use stood at 102.5 billion for the quarter, up 3.6% YoY. Wireless minutes of use per subscriber stood at 236 minutes/month, up from 228 minutes/month in the same quarter last year.
– Wireless ARPU for the quarter stood at Rs 102, up from Rs 98 in the same quarter last year. Wireless Churn increased to 10% from 5% in Q2FY12.
– Data Usage Per Subscriber stands at 232 MB, down from 240 MB in Q2FY12 and the total data usage is at 17,400 TB, up from 15,840 TB in Q2FY12.
– During the quarter, RCOM had increased the pre-paid tariffs by 25% across both GSM and CDMA platforms
– The company had inked an exclusive deal with WhatsApp to offer free WhatsApp access to college students through a special tariff plan called ‘My College Plan‘ and unlimited access at Rs 16 for its GSM subscribers through a tariff plan called ‘WhatsApp Plan‘.
– It also launched an “All Share Postpaid Plan” which allows up to 10 customers having multiple devices within the family or group to share a common pool of Voice, Data and SMS on a single bill.
The company reported a net profit of Rs 102 crore for the Q2-FY13, down 59.2% from Rs 252 crore in the same quarter last year and down 37% from Rs 162 crore in the previous quarter. Revenue for the quarter stood at Rs 5,202 crore, up 3.2% YoY, while the company reported an EBITDA of Rs 1,638 crore, up 2.1% YoY, at an EBITDA margin of 31.5%.
– Reliance Digital TV is available at more than 38,700 outlets across 8,350 towns in the country.
– Reliance Digital TV currently has 4.5 million subscribers, with 10% share of the DTH market in India.
– Set Top Box (STB) Failure Rate has gone down to 0.69%
– During the last quarter, the company launched a High Definition Digital Video recorder (HD DVR) with 200 hrs of recording, trick play functions & universal remote for operating three devices.
– It also launched a ‘Loyalty Program’ for DTH customers wherein for every rupee spent on Reliance Digital TV subscription, the consumer will earn reward points which can then be redeemed against various Reliance Digital TV services.