The Cellular Operators Association of India (which includes most of India’s GSM telecom operators), has reported an addition of 0.23 million GSM connections in October 2012, closing in at 671.9 million, an increase of 0.04% from 671.6 million subscribers in the previous month.
Also note that the COAI has not included subscriber numbers for Stel and Etisalat DB.
GSM operator and circle-wise data (excluding Reliance and Tata):
- Bharti Airtel added 0.49 million connections, taking its connection base to 186.41 million.
- Vodafone added 0.48 million in October, taking its connection base to 153.14 million.
- Idea added 0.23 million in October, taking its connection base to 115.70 million.
- Uninor lost 1.10 million in October, taking its connection base to 41.03 million.
Download: GSM Data from COAI (.xls file)
- Among metro circles, Mumbai added 153,478 GSM connections, with Chennai adding 75,338 GSM connections.
Note that no information has been provided about the active users, which we’ll probably get once the telecom regulator TRAI releases data for the entire industry.
- September 2012: India Lost 0.27 Million GSM Connections
- August 2012: India Lost 7.10 Million GSM Connections; Uninor Loses 2.38M Subscribers
- July 2012: India Added Over 1.70 Million GSM Connections; Uninor Loses 1.08M Subscribers
- June 2012: India Added Over 4.63 Million GSM Connections
- May 2012: India Added Over 7.27 Million GSM Connections
- April 2012: India Added Over 6.49 Million GSM Connections; Bharti Airtel Adds 2.01 Million
- March 2012: India Added Over 6.86 Million GSM Connections
- February 2012: India Added Over 8.77 Million GSM Connections; Uninor Adds 2.34 Million
- January 2012: India Added Over 8.44 Million GSM Connections