State run telecom service provider Mahanagar Telephone Nigam Limited (MTNL) has posted total revenues of Rs 842.5 crore for the quarter ending September 30, 2012 (Q2-FY13), recording a marginal 1.1% increase from Rs 833 crores in the previous quarter but down 2.16% from Rs 860.65 crores in the corresponding quarter last year.
Net loss for MTNL stood at Rs 1093.7 crore for the quarter, a 3.25% decline from Rs 1059.3 crore loss in the previous quarter but a 26.56% increase from Rs 864.2 crore loss in the corresponding quarter last year (Q2-FY12).
– MTNL offers basic landline, broadband and cellular services in the two cities of Delhi and Mumbai and its major share of revenue comes from basic services. MTNL’s income from basic services during Q2 2013 was Rs 668.9 crore, up 2.38% from Rs 653.3 crore in the previous quarter but down 0.98% from Rs 675.5 crore in the corresponding quarter last year. The company incurred a loss of Rs 584.5 crore from basic service operations, a 22.15% increase from Rs 478.5 crore loss in the corresponding quarter last year.
– MTNL’s cellular services generated revenues of Rs 184.4 crore during Q2 2013, a marginal 0.6% increase from Rs 183.3 crore in the previous quarter but down 3.9% from Rs 191.9 crore in the corresponding quarter last year. The company incurred a loss of Rs 160.6 crore from its cellular service operations, a significant 89.8% increase from Rs 84.6 crore loss in the corresponding quarter last year. MTNL was the first telco, along with BSNL to offer 3G services and offers one of the lowest 3G data tariffs in the cities where it offers services.
– MTNL had accounted for Rs 285 crore during the previous year (2010-11) towards wet lease for infrastructure and other services provided for the Commonwealth Games, of which Rs 43 crore is subject to acceptance and final settlement. A claim of Rs 41 crore has not been booked subject to final acceptance and settlement.
– Income from subscribers’ deposits, recharge coupons, ITC cards, and stock of recharge coupons and leased circuits is under process.
Download – Financials
– MTNL Q1-FY13: Total Revenue At Rs 833 Cr; Losses From Fixed Line, Cellular Services Increase
– MTNL Q4-FY12: Total Revenue At Rs 843.06 Cr; Losses From Fixed Line, Cellular Services Increase
– MTNL Q2-FY12 Results: Net Loss At Rs 864.1 Crore; Revenues Down 15.7% YoY