DB Corp, publishers of the Hindi daily Dainik Bhaskar, Divya Bhaskar, Saurashtra Samachar and Dainik Divya Marathi has reported total revenues of Rs 378.4 crore for the quarter ending September 30, 2012 (Q2-FY13), registering a 7.8% increase from Rs 350.9 crore in the same quarter last year (Q2-FY12).
It reported a consolidated profit of Rs 48.6 crore for the quarter, up 21% from Rs 40.3 crore in the same quarter last fiscal. Note that the consolidated results also include financial results of its subsidiaries Synergy Media Entertainment and I Media Corp.
Digital: The company currently operates several digital properties including web and mobile sites for its publications. While the release doesn’t mention the digital revenues for the company, Bhaskar Group’s non-executive director Girish Agarwal stated during the company’s earnings call that the group has registered Rs 3.1 crore revenue from its Internet business, up from Rs 2 crore revenues in the same quarter last year.
The company claimed that its group portals have recorded 10 million monthly unique visitors and 250 million monthly page views. It claimed that its group portals registered a page-view growth of 1923% over the past three years and stated that this increase has helped improve their ad revenue significantly year-on-year (YoY).
According to the company, Dainikbhaskar.com registered a 1650% growth in the number of unique visitors and page-view growth of 2694% over the past three years while Divyabhaskar.com registered a 737% growth in the number of unique visitors and page-view growth of 1098% over last 3 years. The company also stated that Dainikbhaskar.com recorded a total 163 million page views while Divyabhaskar recorded a total 67 million pageviews and the average time spent by visitors on Dainikbhaskar.com and Divyabhaskar.com was at 11.17 minutes and 12.34 minutes respectively.
– Consolidated Advertising revenues for Q2 2013, stood at Rs 282.6 crore, a marginal 1% increase from Rs 261 crores in the same quarter last fiscal.
– Circulation revenue grew by 16.2% YoY to Rs 69.8 crore.
– Consolidated EBITDA margin stood at 23.4% at Rs 87.6 crore.
– Radio Business: Ad revenues stood at Rs 15.3 crore, up 20.5% from Rs 12.7 crore in Q2 2012. It achieved an EBIDTA of Rs 4.55 crore. The company currently operates 17 radio stations across seven states including Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Punjab, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Chandigarh and Maharashtra.
– EPS stands at 2.65, up from 2.19 in the same quarter last year.