59.30 million subscribers submitted number porting requests till the month of July, 2012, according to the Indian Telecom regulator TRAI. This is up from 54.32 million porting requests till June 2012, an increase of 9.17% month on month. However, this also means that of a total connection base of 913.48 million connections (698.08 million active), just 4.98 million connections sent port out requests during the month.
The maximum number of requests in Zone-I(North and West India) have been received in Rajasthan at 56.26 lakh. Haryana, where the service was made available in November 2010. Receiving a total of 23.14 lakh porting requests. Jammu & Kashmir registered the lowest number of requests at 8929, but that is expected, since it has among the lowest user base.
In Zone-II(South and East India), Karnataka leads, with 71.92 lakh customers requesting for number porting till date, followed by Andhra Pradesh, which has received 57.24 lakh requests. There were just 84,701 requests from the North East circle. Note that TRAI has not provided operator wise information.
Download: TRAI Press Release
- 54.32M Mobile Number Portability Requests In India Till June 2012
- 50.16M Mobile Number Portability Requests In India Till May 2012
- 45.89M Mobile Number Portability Requests In India Till April 2012
- 41.87M Mobile Number Portability Requests In India Till March 2012
- 37.11M Mobile Number Portability Requests In India Till February 2012
- 32.78M Mobile Number Portability Requests In India In January 2012