Telecom Operator Reliance Communications has reported 4 million active 3G customers, and “over 24 million data customers”, for the quarter ended June 30th 2012 (Q1-FY13). From its results:
– Wireless: on a consolidated basis, the company’s Wireless business increased 7.8% year on year at Rs. 4527 crore, but was only 0.48% higher than the Rs 4505 crore reported in the previous sequential quarter.
– Wireless EBITDA is at Rs 1209 crore, up 0.6% sequentially. Wireless EBITDA margin remained at 26.7%.
– Wireless Revenue per minute was Rs 0.43, the same as the last quarter, but down from Rs 0.42 for Q1 last fiscal year. “We have successfully achieved RPM stability for
the last 9 consecutive quarters amidst increasing competition and over supply of minutes in
market place”, RCOM says.
– Android tie-up: During the quarter, RCOM announced its plans to exclusively market Android devices in India for the next 2 years. Through this strategic collaboration with Google, RCOM will market the Android mobile operating system and Google Mobile Services in order to promote the usage of Android
devices in the country.
– Wireless minutes of use increased 2.04% quarter on quarter and 8% year on year, but with the increase in subscribe base, wireless minutes of use per subscriber per month increased only 0.44% per month, and declined 2.15% year on year.
It’s worth noting that while the number of buildings connected for RCOM is increasing, the number of access lines has reduced .
The company reported a net profit of Rs 162 crore for the Q1-FY13, a 3% increase year on year, but a decline quarter on quarter from Rs 203 crore reported last quarter. Revenue for the quarter was up 8% year on year, at Rs 5319 crore, while the company reported an EBITDA of Rs 1650 crore, up 3%, at an EBITDA margin of 31%.
– Reliance Digital TV is available at more than 42,000 outlets across 8,500 towns in the
– Reliance Digital TV currently has 4.4 million subscribers, with 10% share of the DTH market in India. The company launched a High Definition Digital Video recorder (HD DVR),” with 200 hrs of recording, trick play functions & universal
remote for operating three devices.
– It also introduced a ‘Loyalty Program’ for DTH customers: “For every rupee spent on Reliance Digital TV subscription, the consumer will now earn reward points which can be redeemed against various Reliance Digital TV services.”
– Set Top Box (STB) Failure Rate has gone down to 0.69.