The Cellular Operators Association of India (which includes most of India’s GSM telecom operators), has reported an addition of 1.70 million GSM connections in July 2012, closing in at 679.0 million, an increase of 0.25% from 677.3 million subscribers in the previous month. This month, the net additions have not increased much compared to last month. The uncertainty around Uninor’s operations, have resulted in the company losing 1.08 million subscribers. Also note that the COAI has not included subscriber numbers for Stel and Etisalat DB.
GSM operator and circle-wise data (excluding Reliance and Tata):
– Bharti Airtel added 1.50 million in July, taking its connection base to 188.80 million.
– Vodafone added 1.20 million connections, taking its base to 154.91 million.
– Idea Cellular added 0.45 million connections, taking its base to 117.62 million.
– Among metro circles, Kolkata added 145,943 GSM connections, with Delhi adding 142,068 GSM connections.
Download: GSM Data from COAI (.xls file)
Note that no information has been provided about the active users, which we’ll probably get once the telecom regulator TRAI releases data for the entire industry.
– June 2012: India Added Over 4.63 Million GSM Connections
– May 2012: India Added Over 7.27 Million GSM Connections
– April 2012: India Added Over 6.49 Million GSM Connections; Bharti Airtel Adds 2.01 Million
– March 2012: India Added Over 6.86 Million GSM Connections
– February 2012: India Added Over 8.77 Million GSM Connections; Uninor Adds 2.34 Million
– January 2012: India Added Over 8.44 Million GSM Connections