Media company, HT Media, has posted digital revenues of Rs 12.06 crore for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 (Q1-FY2013), registering a 41% increase from Rs 8.6 crore revenues for the same period last year. It has recorded loss before tax of 11.71 crore for the quarter, a minor decline from Rs 11.99 crore loss before tax, in the same quarter last year.
HT Mobile, HT Media‘s mobile marketing joint venture with Velti has reported revenues of Rs 3.5 crores for the quarter, a 60% increase from the same quarter last year. The company also claimed that HTCampus.com has more than doubled its revenue with operations breaking even in Q1 2012.
According to the company presentation, HT Media’s job portal business Shine.com has registered 62% revenue growth year-on-year and has 5 million engaged candidates for the quarter, up from 2 million in the same quarter last year.
During the quarter, the company has invested Rs 50 lakhs in compulsorily convertible debentures of HT Digital Media Holdings Ltd, the holding company of Firefly E-ventures and HT Mobile.
HT Media Q3-FY12 Results
– Readership of Hindustan Times grew by 3.1% Year-on-Year (YoY) to 3.81 million while the readership of Hindustan grew by 3% YoY to 12.16 million.
– Mint readership grew by 10.8% YoY to 250,000 with 29% readership share in Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Chennai and Ahmedabad put together.
– Total revenues up 0.1% YoY at Rs. 510.8 crore from Rs. 510.5 crore. PAT decline by 21% to Rs. 40.7 crore from Rs. 51.5 crore
– Print Advertising Revenues: 3% decline to Rs. 372.5 crore from Rs. 383.3 crore due to decline in pricing
– Print Circulation Revenues: 8% increase YoY to Rs. 52.5 crore from Rs. 47.1 crore driven by higher circulation
– Newsprint: Cost of raw material increased to Rs. 176.2 crore from Rs. 173.9 crore
– Radio: Decline in revenue from Radio & Entertainment segment to Rs. 18.6 crore from Rs. 21.49 crore.
– EBITDA: 17% decline at 8.78 crores reduced from Rs 10.59 crore