The contribution of Mobile Value Added Services (including P2P SMS and mobile data) or Non Voice Revenue to Idea Cellular‘s service revenues has increased quarter-on-quarter to 14.3% of total, for the three month period ending 31st March 2012 (Q4-FY12). This is higher than the 13.7% of service revenue reported last quarter. The company’s gross revenue increased to Rs 5403.5 crore, from Rs 5065.2 crore last quarter. However, there is no indication from the company, of how much of this growth has been driven by mobile data services. Mobile ARPU for the company registered a minor increase at Rs 160, from Rs 159 that it had reported at the end of the last quarter.
Idea claims to have 14.4% revenue market share in India.
Some operational updates:
- Average minutes of use: 379, up fro 369 last quarter, and 364 the quarter before.
- Average Realization per minute (ARPM): increased to Rs 0.0422 from Rs 0.0433 the last quarter, and Rs 0.427 the quarter before.
- MNP: claims a net gain of 2.9 million customers (as on 22nd April, 2012) from other existing operators.
- Minutes of Use: the total number of minutes on network increased 9.1% to 124.30 billion from 113.96 billion. This is the highest minutes of use for Idea Cellular in the last five quarters.
- Connection base: grew to 112.7 million. As of 31st March 2012, Idea claims to have over 93% of reported subscribers as VLR subscribers (active), which is highest in the industry. In addition, it says that it added 6.4 million net VLR subscribers during the quarter Q4-FY12 against 7.5 million in Q3-FY12.
– Prepaid subscribers: 96.5% of total.
- Cell sites: 12,825 3G cell sites, up from 10,902. 83,190 2G cell sites, up quarter on quarter from 80,637.
- Churn: 9.9% blended churn, with prepaid churn at 10.1% and postpaid churn at 2.8%
Idea claims that its 3G services are available across 3,000 towns in 20 service areas (including roaming arrangements) in India. The company had introduced affordable Idea branded 3G Smart-phones, trying to transition its subscribers to high speed data. Idea reported 2.6 million 3G subscribers, at the end of the quarter.
Sequentially, consolidated profit for Idea increased to Rs 239 crore from Rs 201 crore last quarter, while gross revenue increased to Rs 5369.7 crore from Rs 5030.8 crore last quarter.
On a standalone basis, profit after tax for the quarter stands at Rs 201.6 crore, up from Rs 168.7 crore last quarter. It reported revenues of Rs 5403.5 crore, up from Rs 5065.2 crore last quarter.
On an Year-on-Year basis, absolute EBITDA has grown to Rs 1207 crore (Q4FY12) in comparison to Rs 949.4 crore (Q4FY11).
The company says its standalone EBITDA margin decreased by 1.4% on a QoQ basis to 22.3%, primarily due to a one-off regulatory impact reflecting in the License and WPC fees.
The Net Debt for the company stands at Rs 11,960 crore as on March 2012, and the Net Debt – Equity ratio is at 0.93.
On an annual basis, Idea registered consolidated net revenues of Rs.19541.1 crore in FY12 compared to Rs.15503.2 crore in FY11. Annual net profit declined to Rs 723 crore in FY12 from Rs 898.7 crore in the last financial year.