Media company HT Media has reporting digital revenues of Rs 9.98 crore for the quarter ended 30th September 2011 (Q2-FY11), up from Rs 6.44 crore for the same period last year, and a loss of Rs 10.6 crore, up from a Rs 9.91 crore loss last fiscal.
The HT Media Investor Relations team had earlier clarified to MediaNama that Digital segment revenues for HT Media constitute advertising on LiveMint.com, Hindustantimes.com, LiveHindustan.com, HTCampus.com and Desimartini.com, as well as revenues from HT Mobile (JV with Velti PLC) and revenues from the Shine.com recruitment business. HT Media also has a 65:35 mobile solutions joint venture with Velti PLC called HT Mobile, and revenues for that company are typically not disclosed separately. Firefly e-Ventures and HT Mobile are held by HT Digital Media Holdings Ltd. Shine.com, previously a part of Firefly e-Ventures, has now amalgamated with HT Media.
According to the presentation, Shine.com has a resume database of 7.5 million candidates, and HT Campus has a database of 24,000 institutes and 400,000 candidates.
During the quarter, HT Media invested Rs 27.9 crore in HT Digital Media Holdings Ltd during the quarter, in Compulsorily Convertible Debentures.
During the quarter, Firefly and HT Mobile have recognised deferred tax assets (net) of Rs 326 lakh and Rs 21 lakh respectively.
HT Media Q2-FY12 Results
– Total revenues up 11% at Rs. 493.1 crore from Rs. 445.5 crore. PAT up by 13% to Rs. 43.8 crore from Rs. 38.8 crore
– Print Advertising Revenues: Up 13% print segment to Rs. 370.5 crore from Rs. 329.4 crore driven by advertising yield improvements.
– Print Circulation Revenues: Up 21% to Rs. 50.7 crore from Rs. 41.8 million driven by higher circulation
– Newsprint: Cost of raw material increased to Rs. 184.3 crore from Rs. 162.4 crore, due to higher circulation and newsprint prices
– Radio: 12% increase in revenue from Radio & Entertainment segment to Rs. 15.7 crore from Rs. 14.1 crore.
– HT Burda: Printing revenues of Rs 31.5 crore, and achieves EBITDA of Rs 0.5 crore.
– Reported EBITDA of Rs. 91.7 crore, grows by 8% from Rs. 85.2 crore, led primarily by advertising growth but offset by increase in raw material consumption and other expenditure.