India’s mobile connection base has reported an increase of 2.62 percent to 791.38 million from February 2011, from 771.18 million in the month of January, according to the Telecom Regulator TRAI.
Mobile Operator Leaderboard For February 2011:
– Vodafone added 3.5 million connections,its connection base to 130.92 million.
– Bharti Airtel added 3.2 million connections, taking its connection base to 158.99 million.
– RCom added 3.3 million connections
– Idea Cellular added 2.5 million connections.
Active User Base
– Only 71.14% of the total mobile connection base is active – approximately 562.98 million connections. Note that there may be multi-SIM connections
– Idea Cellular and Bharti Airtel have over 92% of their connections active
– For Tata Teleservices, BSNL, Loop Telecom, MTS, Uninor, HFCL, Videocon, only around 40-55% of their base is active.
Circle-wise Wireless Data
Among the metro cities, Kolkata with a 4.78% change (1,046,690 connections) in total wireless connection base, added the maximum number of wireless connections for the month of February. Delhi added 863,494.
-11 circles added over 1 million connections: Andhra Pradesh, Bihar,Gujarat, Karnataka,Kolkata,Madhya Pradesh,Maharashtra,Tamil Nadu,U.P(E),U.P(W),West Bengal.
– Tamil Nadu has the most connections, with 68,168,580 connections.UP (East) second with 61,748,240 and Maharashtra is third, with 60,515,447 connections.
– Bharti Airtel holds the maximum percentage market share of wireless connections at 20.09%, Reliance 16.70%,Vodafone 16.54%, BSNL 11.54%.
– Companies like HFCL and Etisalat hold a mere 0.18% and 0.08% of the market share respectively.
Circle-wise, Jammu & Kashmir has the highest proportion of VLR connections with 80.56% followed by Assam (77.74%) and Maharashtra (77.45%); Mumbai has the lowest proportion with 59.04%.
*- New Telcos: Datacom/Videocon, Loop Telecom, MTS/Sistema, Swan Telecom/Etisalat, S Tel, Uninor
– Jan 2011: India Has 11.21M Broadband Connections; 771.18M Mobile With 71.14% Active
– December 2010: India Has 529.21M Active Mobile Connections
– Nov 2010: India Has 729.57M Mobile Connections; 10.71M Broadban