The Cellular Operators Association of India (which includes most of India’s GSM telecom operators) has reported an increase of 14.69 million GSM connections in the country for the month of February 2011, up 2.72% for the month. Then again, we don’t know exactly how many connections are active or multi-SIM. Telecom operator and circle-wise data (Excluding Reliance and Tata):
– Vodafone added 3.55 million new connections in February, taking its total connection base to 130.92 million.
– Bharti Airtel, added 3.20 million in February; its connection base is now 158.99 million.
– Idea Cellular added 2.51 million connections its base is 86.80 million.
– Aircel, BSNL and Uninor added over a million connections.
– Maharashtra, Gujarat, and UP(E) added over a million connections.
– Among metro circles, Delhi added 602,144 GSM connections, with Kolkata adding 349,137 GSM connections and Mumbai adding 290.775 connections.
Download: GSM Data from COAI (.xls file)