The Cellular Operators Association of India (which includes most of India’s GSM telecom operators) has reported an increase of 13 million GSM connections in the country for the month of January 2011, up 2.60% for the month. Then again, we don’t know exactly how many connections are active or multi-SIM. Telecom operator and circle-wise data (with inaccurate figures for RCOM and Tata Teleservices removed):
– Bharti Airtel topped the charts, adding 3.3 million in January; its connection base is now 155.79 million.
– Vodafone,added 3.1 million new connections in January, taking its total connection base to 127.36 million.
– Idea Cellular added 2.51 million connections.
– BSNL added 2.2 million connections.
– Aircel,Uninor added over a million connections.
– Maharashtra,UP(W),UP(E),MP,West Bengal,Bihar added over a million connections.
– Among metro circles, Delhi added 865,892 GSM connections, with Kolkata adding 560,421 GSM connections.
Download: GSM Data from COAI (.xls file)