Social networking site Desimartini.com by HT Media’s digital media subsidiary Firefly Ventures is the latest portal to partner with Reliance ADAG company Zapak to power its gaming section. Zapak has previously tied up with NDTV, Fropper, In.com, Glamsham and Cricbuzz.
Desimartini previously had a collection of 15 games, but this has now increased to 70 and Zapak will add more depending on user demand. “Our users are young and very casual gamers, we expect the games to be engaging,” said Dhruv Gupta, Business Head, Social Networking, Firefly e-Ventures, HT Media.
And in what looks like a move to aid its sister company increase its reach, Desimartini has added a HT City page with Page 3 photos of celebrities, columns by actors and a poll. The content is sourced off HT City, a 12-16 page lifestyle supplement that accompanies the daily Hindustan Times. Gupta said more content will be sourced from other HT Media properties too. A few months ago, it put up Internet Tips, a column in the group’s Hindi daily Hindustan. This could be a step to a larger social networking-newspaper partnerships like Huffington Post’s with Facebook for HuffPost Social News and Linkedin’s tie up with New York Times (via ReadWriteWeb).
– HT Media Call: English Advertising Revenues Decline; Hindi, Mint Up; Velti JV Launches Ops
– Q1-10: HT Media Reports 14% Decline In Profit; Sales Up 1%
– Zapak Brings Chobots To India, Dates Fropper
– NDTV Launches Gaming Subsite Powered By Zapak
– Updated: Zapak Powers Gaming For Glamsham, Cricbuzz; An Audience Network? Inviziads Upgrade